My friend Ana from Craftification shared a great idea with me that I thought everyone here would love! Candy Lollipop Centerpieces! These would be great for a candy or sweet themed wedding, a wedding/bridal shower, baby shower or even a birthday party like a sweet sixteen! Use them on the guest tables or as extra decoration for your Candy Buffet Table! Lollipops come in such a huge variety of colors an flavors you are bound to find the perfect combination of delicious sugary goodness that will liven up any table..(And be edible afterwards! A great take home present for your guests.)
You can go as big or as tiny as you like with these lollipop centerpieces depending on your event and table size!
All you will need are…
- Lollipops (or suckers) – The big swirly ones are stunning to look at and add a real POP to the design…But don’t forget you can add in some small ones as well like Blow Pops and Tootsie Roll Pops (or a favorite of mine..Jolly Rancher! Yum!) too. The Rock Candy on lollipop sticks would look amazing as well! Cake Pops may work too! See my post here for instructions on how to make your own.
- A container to display them in – So many options here! A small fish bowl, a chunky glass square vase, a (clean) flower pot, a shallow rectangular tin, a bucket..etc. Use your imagination! If you end up using a bucket or metal tin or bucket of some sort you may want to spray paint it to match the rest of your theme (think bright or pastel colors!). Leaving it as is can look pretty too depending on the rest of your theme. Sometimes a plain metallic finish or clean, simple white will work best. Use your judgment/creativity!
- Styrofoam or floral foam
- A little hot glue (might be necessary if you are using large lollipops!)
- Cotton Candy or Loose Candy to fill the container and hide the foam. Some loose candy ideas would be – Gum Balls, Mike & Ikes, Jelly Beans, Gummies, etc! Chocolate pieces like M&M’s can work too..just make sure it won’t be so hot they will melt!
- Optional – Design or purchase 2″ round labels for the face(s) of your big swirly lollipops with your names and event date! (Many girls seem to be using publisher to make their own stickers and labels. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that you can check out my design site where I offer custom labels/stickers for purchase!)
- Optional – A little ribbon to tie bows on your lollipops for extra pizazz. A little tip if you do – Wrap ribbon tightly around the lollipop stick twice before tying a bow. It helps the bow stay put and look more professional!
Now all you need to do is put the foam at the bottom of your container, put a little bit of glue on the tips of your lollipops and stick them in. (You may want to play around with the arrangement before using the glue!) Then, when everything is how you want it to be fill up the container with your loose candy or cotton candy to hide the foam used to anchor the lollipops. Done! SO easy and yet so eye-catching! It will have your guests drooling and unlike flower arrangements they are a built in favor (and won’t wilt!). Love it!
As always if you use these instructions to create a yummy lollipop centerpiece of your own please share your photos with me!