Summer is here and who doesn’t enjoy a fresh, cold glass of homemade lemonade? These custom homemade lemonade wedding favors are presented in pretty italian glass swing top bottles that you can customize with a label, tag or pretty ribbon! I got this great idea browsing pinterest and I stumbled on photos of lemonade favors done by Jordan of Ohhappyday.com (see photo above!). I did more research into a recipe and supplies and will break it all down for you below so you can send your wedding or shower guests home with their own refreshing bottle of lemonade. It’s extremely affordable and your guests will love how pretty they are (and how yummy they are too!).
You will need…
- Your favorite homemade lemonade recipe (If you don’t have one see below for a yummy recipe that I use!)
- Italian Bottles (She used some from Ikea (SLOM bottle with stopper) but I know some of us (including me) aren’t fortunate enough to live near one so I found a fantastic place online that you can order from that offers them in 3 different sizes! That way you can decide if you want a single serving bottle (250 mL), 2 serving bottle (500 mL)or more of a family size favor size (1000 mL). The more you buy the more you save! – Check out ebottles.com!)
- A funnel
- Custom Labels, Tags or Ribbon (Make your own or I would be more than happy to create custom labels/tags for you if needed! – weddingsnwhimsy.com)
Make your lemonade, fill up your pretty bottles using the funnel and then customize them with a label or tag, or some pretty ribbon!
Here is a recipe for homemade lemonade I have used and it comes out delicious!
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Makes 2 quarts which should be enough for 8 of the 250 mL bottles, 4 of the 500 mL bottles or 2 of the large 1000 mL bottles. Multiple recipe as needed!
- 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice (Usually about about 4 lemons!)
- 7 cups of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
Just mix the ingredients above and you will be all set to fill your bottles! Want strawberry lemonade instead? Try mixing in 2 pints of pureed strawberries to the recipe above. You could also try adding a tablespoon of grenadine!
Yum! I think I am going to have to break out the recipe and enjoy some this weekend. It’s delicious and I love it during the summer – and I think you and your guests will too!
Signature cocktails are very trendy and popular in the wedding scene today. Some brides use them to further personalize their wedding day by creating a signature drink that reflects both the bride and the groom and the theme/feel of the wedding itself. Others like to incorporate signature cocktails into their bar when they have opted for a more affordable beer and wine bar, but want to add a little something special as a drink option for their guests.
Since the holidays are fast approaching I thought I’d list a few recipe ideas for holiday signature cocktails for your holiday weddings! Set aside a night with your soon to be hubby to mix up these delicious treats and maybe you’ll choose one for the big day! (Maybe even serve a couple at your holiday gatherings this year!) If you like any of these recipes just give it to your bartender and he/she should be able to recreate it (over and over again!) for your celebrating guests.
- 1 oz. Smirnoff Vodka
- 1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 oz. creme de cacao
- 1 oz. Light cream
Garnish: peppermint stick (red and green)
Mix all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with red and green peppermint stick
- 1 1/2 oz Smirnoff cranberry flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz coconut cream
Garnish: maraschino cherries
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with maraschino cherries.
- 1 oz Monin gingerbread syrup
- 2 oz Bacardi Big Apple rum
- 2 oz apple juice
- splash of lemon juice
Place 1/2 cup of simple syrup and 4 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs on separate plates. Dip outside rim of martini glass into simple syrup, then into graham cracker crumbs several times to ensure coverage. Set aside. In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, gingerbread syrup, apple juice and lemon juice. Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into rimmed martini glass. Garnish with red apple slice.
Yum..they sound so delicious! I may have to make a couple this weekend for my fiance and I..just a taste test! Hehee If my wedding wasn’t a summer wedding these would be tempting additions for my big day. These would be best for you winter wedding brides though. Delish!