My previous post I featured a project by David Monn, an event designer featured on Martha Stewart. This is another fantastic autumn project he created that would add some warm autumn colors from an unexpected place! Sure, you have autumn florals and centerpieces..but how about some fall decor cascading from the ceiling? These Cascading autumn leaves are extremely affordable and easy to create and would look stunning in a number of places on your wedding day! Hanging around doorways, above tables or maybe just above the cake table to make your autumn wedding confection pop out even more! Let’s get started!
- Monofilament (a fancy word for clear fishing line!)
- Pressed Leaves from your yard or faux silk leaves from the craft store
- strong craft glue that dries clear
Now is to create these dandgling beauties!
- Take your monofilament and cut it into lengths you want the cascading leaf strands to be. Make them as long or short as you wish!
- Mark the monofilament with a pencil where you want each leaf to be spaced on the strand. Place a spot of glue in the center of a leaf, and then attach it to the monofilament strand where you made your mark.
- Add another spot of glue on the leaf now glued to the monofilament and push another leaf on top. Double facing the leaves will hide the spots of glue used when attaching!
- Repeat gluing 2 leaves on each premarked spot on your monofilament strand until each mark is covered.
That’s it! make as many strands as you wish and hang them at your ceremony/reception site to add rich natural warm colors of autumn from an unexpected place – the ceiling! I think they are an absolutely perfect add on to your fall wedding decor..Every little detail personalizes your big day!
Make sure you send in your pics if you use these leaf cascades at your wedding!