Summer is here and who doesn’t enjoy a fresh, cold glass of homemade lemonade? These custom homemade lemonade wedding favors are presented in pretty italian glass swing top bottles that you can customize with a label, tag or pretty ribbon! I got this great idea browsing pinterest and I stumbled on photos of lemonade favors done by Jordan of Ohhappyday.com (see photo above!). I did more research into a recipe and supplies and will break it all down for you below so you can send your wedding or shower guests home with their own refreshing bottle of lemonade. It’s extremely affordable and your guests will love how pretty they are (and how yummy they are too!).
You will need…
- Your favorite homemade lemonade recipe (If you don’t have one see below for a yummy recipe that I use!)
- Italian Bottles (She used some from Ikea (SLOM bottle with stopper) but I know some of us (including me) aren’t fortunate enough to live near one so I found a fantastic place online that you can order from that offers them in 3 different sizes! That way you can decide if you want a single serving bottle (250 mL), 2 serving bottle (500 mL)or more of a family size favor size (1000 mL). The more you buy the more you save! – Check out ebottles.com!)
- A funnel
- Custom Labels, Tags or Ribbon (Make your own or I would be more than happy to create custom labels/tags for you if needed! – weddingsnwhimsy.com)
Make your lemonade, fill up your pretty bottles using the funnel and then customize them with a label or tag, or some pretty ribbon!
Here is a recipe for homemade lemonade I have used and it comes out delicious!
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Makes 2 quarts which should be enough for 8 of the 250 mL bottles, 4 of the 500 mL bottles or 2 of the large 1000 mL bottles. Multiple recipe as needed!
- 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice (Usually about about 4 lemons!)
- 7 cups of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
Just mix the ingredients above and you will be all set to fill your bottles! Want strawberry lemonade instead? Try mixing in 2 pints of pureed strawberries to the recipe above. You could also try adding a tablespoon of grenadine!
Yum! I think I am going to have to break out the recipe and enjoy some this weekend. It’s delicious and I love it during the summer – and I think you and your guests will too!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.